Heading

Theorize Color* Blog

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Experimenting Sometimes Works

I got together with a few friends on Saturday night and this is the result. We're all artist, each with our very different styles, and it's always good to bounce ideas off of each other. I recently got involved with an art show that'll be coming up on March 5th. The idea behind the show (Perfect 10's II) is that everything must be created as a 10" x 10" piece. (or in the case of sculpture, 10" x 10" x 10"). I was completely clueless as to what I would do. I covered a canvas with fiber paste which makes a very absorbent surface and then used liquid acrylic inks and watercolors. Both of those I don't play around with too often. I feel it's not something I want to show for Perfect 10's, as it varies too much from my normal style, but the response to this piece has been very encouraging. Who knows, I may decided to play around with this technique a bit more. For now, I'll hold onto it.

2 comments:

  1. be interesting to see where any experimentation with this technique ends up . . . it's always so ramdom.

    ReplyDelete