Heading

Theorize Color* Blog

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Custom Stamp and Work In Progress


So I decided to make a stamp in order to give some white paper bags a custom touch. The above was the first stamp I made. This material was something I've never worked with and is extremely easy to carve. In fact it's almost too easy to cut so I had to be careful not to press to hard. There's a few mistakes in this one so I decided to do a second version. I don't have pictures of that one but it came out much, much better and was perfect for stamping the bags.

With ArtCrawl Houston 2015 right around the corner, I've been spending some extra time in the studio. Below are a few things that I've been working on. The landscape painting was an experimental piece, since it's not something I typically create, but it turned out to be a great learning experience. The magnolia painting is a current work in progress on my easel. I better get to it. :)

Copyright Heather Gordy
Rockies - 22x30 Acrylic on Canvas
Copyright Heather Gordy
Magnolia Work In Progress (Sketched on panel)
Copyright Heather Gordy
Magnolia Work In Progress (background and petal underpainting)

No comments:

Post a Comment